Entries in last year's Eugene Gingerbread Competition (my office's submission is in the foreground)
Design|Spring is hosting the 2nd Annual Eugene Gingerbread Competition & Auction on Saturday, December 14 at Oakway Center. A jury of local celebrities will judge the entries and award prizes in several different categories. Judging will be based on the creativity of approach, quality of construction, and observation of the rules. The awards may include, but are not limited to: People’s Choice Award, Best in Show, Most Unusual, Most Economical, Most Innovative use of Materials, and Most Accurate Recreation of an Existing Building.
Here’s the schedule of events for December 14:
- 10:00-11:00 Entry Drop-Off
- 10:00-5:00 Viewing, People’s Choice Voting, Silent Auction Bidding
- 11:00-12:00 Official Judging
- 12:00-4:00 Live Reindeer in the Heritage Courtyard
- 1:00-2:00 Choir in the Heritage Courtyard
- 4:00-4:30 Judging announcement and awarding of prizes
- 5:00-6:00 Tastings
- 5:30-6:00 Auction announcement and wrap up
- 6:00-7:00 Entry Pick Up (entries may be claimed by appointment after the 14th at The Octagon, 92 East Broadway in downtown Eugene)
As added motivation to participate, the proceeds of this year’s silent auction (featuring those gingerbread creations donated for the cause) will benefit both Opportunity Village Eugene and Design|Spring.
If last year’s competition was any indication, the 2nd Annual Eugene Gingerbread Competition & Auction is sure to be a resounding success. Kudos to Design|Spring for directing its energy and enthusiasm toward the creation of what I am sure will become a lasting and delightful holiday tradition in Eugene.