the Willamette Valley Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute on Thursday,
March 30, 2017 for what promises to be an essential educational seminar on fall
protection for new and existing buildings.
Attend the seminar and you will learn:
- About fall protection regulations for construction and general industry
- About temporary and permanently installed devices available for fall protection and fall restraint
- About procedures for designing fall protection systems
- How to design skylights and retrofit existing skylights for fall protection
- To recognize potential difficulties with retrofitting existing buildings with fall protection systems
- Larry Fipps - Senior Safety Consultant, Oregon OSHA
- Charlie Garcia - Engineered Solution Specialist, Guardian Fall Protection
- Jody Moore - DeaMor Associates
- Tom Jordan - Senior Project Manager, Ausland Group
- Mack Landreth - Owner, Smith Sheet Metal
A thorough understanding of fall protection (elimination, prevention, or arrest) is invaluable for everyone involved with the design, construction, or maintenance of buildings where there may be a risk associated with working at height. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, falls account for 8% of all work-related trauma injuries leading to death. Undoubtedly, the number of workers whose lives are temporarily or permanently impacted by fall-related injuries are even more significant.
This is your chance to learn about fall protection regulations for new and exiting buildings, for construction and maintenance, from a panel of industry experts! Your clients look to you for solid advice; equip yourself with the facts. Don't miss this seminar. Here are the details: