Chris Knowles, Assistant Professor in the College of Forestry at Oregon State University, brought to my attention the upcoming StructureOregon 2011 conference, which will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland on June 1. The conference’s focus is the utilization of local wood products in sustainable design. It will feature an impressive lineup of speakers that will address a wide range of topics including advanced wood framing technologies, the properties and applications of native Oregon wood species, and barriers to using wood in sustainable design.
StructureOregon 2011 is an opportunity for the design community to:
- Better understand how to communicate with wood products companies
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities for designing with local wood products
- Become familiar with local wood products sources
- Be in the know about innovative new wood products
- Be alerted to current and future trends for wood use
- Discover new markets for wood products
- Become better equipped to communicate with designers
- Spend the day with design professionals responsible for selecting and specifying wood products and systems
You can acquire 5 CEU/CLUs by attending a full slate of educational sessions. The conference will include a vendor show featuring locally sourced and manufactured wood products.
If you want to learn more about how a key industry and engine for Oregon’s economy is evolving toward a sustainable future, don’t miss StructureOregon 2011!
What: StructureOregon 2011
When: June 1, 2011
Where: Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK, Jr. Boulevard, Portland, OR 97232
Click here to register for the conference online.
Early Registration: Regular Registrants: $150, Students: $75, Exhibitors: $200
Registration rates will increase on May 16, 2011 for Regular Registrants only
Late Registration: Regular Registrants: $195, Students: $75, Exhibitors: $200
Attendees have an option to register on-site. Regular registrants have an increased fee for on-site registration
On-Site Registration: Regular Registrants: $225, Students: $75, Exhibitors: $200