Julie Flattery waxing lyrically about Shakespeare at the March 10square event. Sign up now to be a presenter for the August 5, 2011 10square!
DesignSpring's next 10square event (its third) will cap off Lane Arts Council’s August First Friday Art Walk, and DesignSpring is interested in showcasing your thoughts, experiences, and passions about design on August 5, 2011 at Cozmic Pizza in Eugene, Oregon.
You can be one of the ten presenters that evening. Each 10square participant will individually take the stage to present ten of his or her own slides. The ten slides are on screen for 30 seconds apiece in a predetermined order while the presenter discusses each slide as he or she sees fit. One of 10square’s appeals is its fast pace—there will be only a 10 second break between each presentation.
Any topic is fair game. The intent is to spark new ideas, connections, and conversations. 10square is also meant to be entertaining and informal—a great way to learn more about others in our design community. After the presentations, DesignSpring encourages everyone, speakers and audience alike, to stick around for follow-up discussion and fun.
Interested? Email DesignSpring at designspringEP@gmail.com before July 22 to sign up or for more information. Include a draft presentation title, presentation description, and two examples of images, text, or art that you will be including in your presentation. DesignSpring will announce the roster of presenters on July 25, 2011.
Here are the details on the upcoming 10square:
When: August 5, 2011 (at the end of the First Friday Art Walk)
Where: Cozmic Pizza, 199 West 8th Avenue, Eugene
Call for Presenters Due Date: July 22, 2011
Presenters Submission – Include:
- Occupation (optional)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Presentation title
- Presentation description
- Attach or include (2) images with submission
- Each presentation will consist of exactly 10 PowerPoint slides
- Each slide can contain images or text (or both) but no animation, video or music
- The total presentation time will be five (5) minutes. Each slide will be timed to change exactly every thirty (30) seconds
- The final presentation will be in PDF format and will need to be emailed to designspringEP@gmail.com or delivered to a 10square host by August 1, 2011
- Digital images should be 1024x768 pixels. The file names should be the same as your last name_first name_#of file (e.g. Greiner_Gabe_1.pdf)
After attending the previous two 10square events (during the 2010 AIA Northwest & Pacific Region Conference in Eugene, and at last March’s AIA-SWO chapter meeting) I know I’ll be entertained and enlightened. Thanks in advance to DesignSpring for organizing what I am certain will be a successful third edition of 10square!