LUCiA presents a creative mix of buildings and outdoor spaces, combining a 10,000 sq. ft. commercial building, code-required parking, communal garden spaces, and 12 townhomes into a dense urban mosaic. Designed with clean modern lines, wide protective roof eaves responding elegantly to our wet climate, the buildings' articulated facades and dynamic massing create a thoughtful transition between the commercial properties to the south and the low-slung residences to the north. All townhomes will be Earth Advantage and LEED Gold Certified.
LUCiA's green strategies include:
- A restaurant that will harvest solar energy to produce much of its own electricity and fill much of its hot water needs, including 1500 gallons of solar-heated water.
- Elimination of building materials containing compounds that are toxic during their production or after installation.
- Natural ventilation and daylighting through high-efficiency glazing and operable windows
- Energy-efficient framing, resulting in a high-performance building envelope that includes more insulation and less framing lumber.
- Use of local and durable materials, including locally produced concrete pavers, recycled steel, formaldehyde-free plywood and particleboard, rapidly renewable wood products, recycled cellulose, and sustainably harvested framing lumber.
- Careful balancing of natural daylight with solar heat gain, integrated natural ventilation, and combination of beneficial shading with high-performance glazing.
When: Thursday, July 25th at 11:55 AM
Where: Friendly Street and 27th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon
Architect: Jan Fillinger, STUDIO-E Architecture PC
RSVP by 5 PM Wednesday, July 23rd to Julie Romig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-683-8661 x3.
Transportation: Carpool - meet at Bergsund DeLaney Architecture & Planning at 11:40 AM to carpool over to the site. Please indicate in the RSVP if you will be meeting to carpool.